About This Blog

This blog is set up to write about inspiring experiences, ideas, humor, and thoughts along our everyday journey--simple ordinary solutions which give life new perspective. Your input is welcome! Simply comment about your experiences OR better yet, contact me to be a guest blogger! We ALL have prespectives and help we can share with each other.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Great Team

I recently read an article on Erik Weihenmayer who has climbed seven of the tallest mountains in the world including Mount Everest. This is amazing in itself; but more amazing--Erik is also blind. Many nay-sayers told Erick he would never be able to meet his goals, they warned him of the dangers, told him he was foolish. Erik only replied with, "They (the nay-sayers) didn't know me. My team knew me." He further stated it is key to always surround yourself with a great team. Together a positive and supportive team can overcome incredible challenges and accomplish great feats.

Tonight is the eve of my surgery. I have been surrounded by a great team of family and friends. All know me, all have been extremely supportive and positive. Together we have exercised our faith and prayers. I have received many visits, phone calls, texts, emails, cards, blog comments, gifts, even drawings from my young neice and nephew containing love and support--cheering me on (hanging on the refrigerator)! With a team like all of you, how could I lose. I appreciate and love you all very much.

I have great faith that everything will turn out well. In fact, I feel extremely calm and peaceful about the whole ordeal. While the world screams & bemoans the "Big C," each time I attend the temple the feeling of peace (the kind only the Lord can give) surrounds me. It's such a miracle that He is able to send such peace. It is almost undescribable--the inner calm. I sort of feel guilty about it--shouldn't I be grieving or crying or something like it? But, He is in charge. I know it. Whatever the outcome, I will yield to His will. With the Lord on our team, no matter--we will overcome.

Thanks again to all of you who laughed, cried, gave me privacy when I needed it, and brought me wonderful reminders of our friendship. Most of all, thank you for keeping me in your prayers, keeping my name in the temple, and carrying me with your extra faith. WE WILL SURVIVE this one too...Hallelujah....Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dance Along Your Journey

Dancing can lighten any heart. Here is a little humor featuring my daughter Meghan dancing with Troy from High School Musical. I hope you choose to dance today!
Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!