About This Blog

This blog is set up to write about inspiring experiences, ideas, humor, and thoughts along our everyday journey--simple ordinary solutions which give life new perspective. Your input is welcome! Simply comment about your experiences OR better yet, contact me to be a guest blogger! We ALL have prespectives and help we can share with each other.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Percolating Ideas & Centurions

Percolating in my head for the last few months has been an idea...I have asked myself this question, "I am an empty nester who has spent most of my married life doing the mom thing. How can I NOW use my talents and gifts--share my passions to enrich not only my life but help make someone's a little better?"

Being an empty nester is one thing, but not having any grandchildren (yet) or a passionate focus is frustrating! In fact, many of my friends seem to be in the same situation. We have been devoted & passionate mothers all of our lives and now what? Where do we focus our passion? It's so quiet..There is service or adding to the community; which we do--but there has to be something out there...something that is the perfect fit.

Yesterday I listened to a show which talked about centurions all over the world. There were five keys they all had in common to living a long healthy good & full life.

1. A purpose--something they were passionate about--something they were excited to do each day.
2. A 24 hour religious focus once a week, in which they turned their problems over to God.
3. Work with their hands (many of them dirtied up their hands in the God given soil we have right in our backyards or created something useful).
4. A decent diet--lentils, vegetables, fruits--things we find inherent in the land.
5. Mild exercise-walking, working hard in the yard, taking a bike ride.

How are you doing with 1-5? It seems many of us can handle 2-4; but #1 is still percolating...at least for me & many of my friends.

1 comment:

  1. How blessed we are to be able to pursue our dreams!

    ReplyDelete

Dance Along Your Journey

Dancing can lighten any heart. Here is a little humor featuring my daughter Meghan dancing with Troy from High School Musical. I hope you choose to dance today!
Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!