About This Blog

This blog is set up to write about inspiring experiences, ideas, humor, and thoughts along our everyday journey--simple ordinary solutions which give life new perspective. Your input is welcome! Simply comment about your experiences OR better yet, contact me to be a guest blogger! We ALL have prespectives and help we can share with each other.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Three "E's" & Sara

As I was finishing up my grad degree in Instructional Design & Technology in 2007, I was lamenting to Sara, one of my fellow students sitting next to me. My lament went something like this: "Woe is me, I am almost 50, my life is half over, I'm too old to do anything much, my kids are gone, no grandkids...what do I with myself....blah, blah, blah." She quickly reprimanded me saying, "What are you talking about! You have the three "E's"-- you're Engergetic, an Empty-Nester, and Educated. Get out there and kick-butt! Look at all the women who started businesses and made an impact in their 50's & 60's! The door is wide open with nothing to hold you back. You can have a great future!" To my astonishment, it was just what I needed...what a smart young pup she was. My "woe is me" mentallity started to change. She was right! I started to ask myself questions. Questions like, "where do my talents lie?" "What haven't I done in my life that I would like to do?" "Can I really do something I have never thought of?" "What opportunities are before me now?" Within a month of my conversation with Sara, I began working in Television--something I had never done, but always thought would be awesome to do. I was given a fantastic opportunity by a wonderful man to Executive Produce a women's show and often times host. It only lasted 6 months, but it was a great ride--full of up's and down's, steep learning curves, true successes, and fabulous people. I truly believe that we are given opportunities to prepare us for other experiences down the road. I look back through my life and have seen evidence of that fact. What's next? I'm hanging on for the ride....AND I will always thank God for putting Sara along my path!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dance Along Your Journey

Dancing can lighten any heart. Here is a little humor featuring my daughter Meghan dancing with Troy from High School Musical. I hope you choose to dance today!
Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!